Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Route 66 & Royal Crown Revue

Royal Crown Revue is one of my favorite swing bands, they are simply amazing. The singer Eddie Nichols has a great voice, and his stage presence is unbeatable. I simpy adore the way he dances around the stage while he is singing with so much expression. I was more then thrilled when I arrived at the Route 66 car show and found out they where playing. I reccomend you go to the route 66 car show next year, its a huge display of classic cars along with all sorts of fun activites to do and free music. Next year it is sep 19-20th. Its larger then Viva las vegas taking up 5 city blocks in two directions. http://www.route-66.org/
While watching Royal Crown Revue play with my boyfriend and three friends a fellow walked by and mentioned to us that the bass player looked like George W. Bush and by golly he does. Heres a photograph I took with my phone of the bass player.
Aside from George playing the base, there was an aray of cars to look at.
Including monster bus rides, the driver was driving so fast, that It was an almost impossible for me to take a picture, though I was taking the pictures with my iphone.






In the end the car show was amazing, you must go next year I know I will be there.
xo
Darla

No comments: